Central Oregon Realtor Introduction



Hi and welcome to my blog! My name is Andrea Elston, and I'm a Real Estate Agent in Oregon, specifically Central Oregon, and even more specifically, Deschutes County, residing in the city of Bend. I have lived in this region my whole life, establishing a deep connection to the city and surrounding areas.

As a child, my parents took us camping frequently—tent camping, to be precise. This was during a time when you could literally drive to any of the 100+ lakes at a moment's notice and camp. Unfortunately, with the increasing popularity of this area, it has become harder to do so without an advance reservation. I feel fortunate to have experienced such moments growing up.

When I was about 12, I started to snowboard at our local home mountain, Mt. Bachelor, which is only about 30-40 minutes from town, and the drive is absolutely gorgeous. I worked up there during my teenage years and throughout my 20s. It was a fantastic community of people, and many of them still work in that environment because Bend truly is a great mountain town! While some people may express discontent with how much it has changed and grown over the years, I can honestly say I love it!

Now, with children of my own, I appreciate that the community has so much more to offer them, in addition to all the outdoor recreation options. Bend is still relatively small; the 2020 census states just shy of 100 thousand people, but when you include the outskirts, it grows quite substantially.

I'm excited to take you all on my real estate journey. My parents bought and sold homes in the area while I was growing up, and I believe that's where my passion for it all began. I used to love driving around and pulling flyers; we would guess how much we thought the house was listed for, and overall, we found it fun. Well, to be honest, I still do; it's just a little different these days.

Yes, I hated it as a child when they would list a house, and we had to keep it in showing condition. Looking back, I learned a lot about preparing a home and what it takes to make it appealing to potential buyers. My father taught me about attention to detail and to appreciate the character in a home. These are just some of the qualities that I find important when it comes to real estate.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Year Deschutes County Market Update